Around here, we love love, and February is THE month to celebrate love. But it doesn’t have to be Valentine’s Day to have an awesome date night.
Whether you are engaged or have been married for many years, going on dates is a great way to celebrate and nurture your relationship. Here are some awesome date night ideas for you!*
Schedule a day to do at least one or two of these this month. Keep an open mind, and watch the heart bubbles floating around you.
- Create a playlist of some of your favorite music, and dance to it under the stars. (Here are some country and acoustic playlists to get you started.)
- Draw each other’s portraits…wait for it…with your non-dominant hand! Laugh at the results. Then frame them!
- Sit down together and write postcards to some of your favorite people.
- Visit a pet store and play with the puppies and kittens! (Beware, you might bring one home.)
- Food Crawl: enjoy an appetizer at one place, the main course at another, and the dessert at a third place!
- Don your favorite 80’s outfits and hit the roller rink!
- Visit a “paint-your-own-pottery” place and create something for each other.
- Go to a Karaoke bar. Be brave and sing a duet together.
- Make homemade pizzas with wild toppings.
- Put on your bathing suits and have a water balloon fight. Why not?
Write these ideas on popsicle sticks and make a date night jar! Every time you come up with new ideas or talk about something you’d like to do together, write it on a popsicle stick and place it in the jar!
Love Is In the Air
Whether it’s Valentine’s Day, your anniversary, or just another Friday night, these awesome date night ideas will have you looking back on your relationship with love and laughter.
* Special thanks to @thinkingcloset