Around here, we love love, but it doesn’t have to be Valentine’s Day to have an awesome date night!
Whether you are engaged or have been married for many years, going on dates is a great way to celebrate yourselves as a couple and continue to nurture your relationship. Here are some awesome date night ideas for you to try out!*
Schedule some time to do at least one or two of these this month. Some of these ideas may seem silly, but keep an open mind, and watch the heart bubbles floating around you.
- Create a playlist of some of your favorite music, and dance to it under the stars or in your living room. (Here are some country and acoustic playlists to get you started.)
- Draw each other’s portraits…wait for it…with your non-dominant hand! Laugh at the results. Then frame them or stick them on the fridge!
- Sit down with a book of madlibs and see what you can come up with for each other or together.
- Visit a pet store and play with the puppies and kittens! (Beware, you might bring one home.)
- Progressive Dinner: enjoy an appetizer at one place, the main course at another, and the dessert at a third place!
- Don your favorite 80’s outfits and hit the roller rink!
- Visit a “paint-your-own-pottery” place and create something for each other.
- Go to a Karaoke bar. Be brave and sing a duet together.
- Make homemade pizzas with wild toppings.
- Put on your bathing suits and have a water balloon fight. Why not?
Write these ideas on popsicle sticks and make a date night jar! Every time you come up with new ideas or talk about something you’d like to do together, write it on a popsicle stick and place it in the jar! You can even color the tips to coincide with different budget levels – green is free, blue is less than $10 per person, and purple is more than $15 per person to do. It makes it easy to pull off date night at any time!
Love Is In the Air
Whether it’s Valentine’s Day, your anniversary, or just another Friday night, these awesome date night ideas will have you looking back on your relationship with love and laughter.
* Special thanks to @thinkingcloset